So, ya girl was nominated for another award, y’all! I was so excited to go through my comments on my blog and see that I’d been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s really motivating and reminds me of the reason I started this whole journey.
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are very similar to those of the Leibster Award. Here they are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer.
- List the “rules” and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post.
1.) Why did you start blogging?
My why has definitely evolved since my decision to start. I initially started blogging to see if I could make money from it. I’d heard amazing stories, and wanted to test it out for myself. I had no idea how deeply I’d fall in love with writing and connecting. It’s truly been a healing process for ME! My reason now is to create, to grow a community around purpose and reaching goals, and to just enjoy this journey.
2.) How long have you been a blogger?
Man! I don’t remember when I started itsmebrit.com, but it’s probably going on a year blogging overall. This blog was launched in January, so it’s going on four months for The Happiness Agreement – yay!
3.) Who inspires you on a daily basis?
I promise I’m not full of myself, but I inspire me. I am proud of the woman I am, and the woman I am becoming. I’m inspired by my accomplishments thus far, and can’t wait to see what I do in the near future. God is really good to me.
4.) What is the best meal you have ever eaten?
Wow. The best meal I’ve ever eaten? I’ll have to go with the most recent best meal I’ve had, and that’s this delectable dish at The Breakfast Republic in San Diego!
5.) What makes you a positive or inspiring person?
This is kinda tough to define for me. But, I think what makes a lot of people inspiring is their try. It’s all in the act of getting up, showing up, learning, and killing it! So, I’d say for me, I’m willing to keep showing up – despite challenges, pain, shame, guilt, hurt, heartache. If I don’t show up day after day, I’ll be lost. God gave me this purpose for a reason, you know? I owe it to Him and to myself to try.
Also, I’ve never really considered myself to be a positive person. I tend to have a bend toward seeing the realness of a situation more than anything. But I’m writing a post on this real soon, so stay tuned, y’all!
6.) Why should people read your blog?
If you are searching for purpose, if you feel like you have been stuck in a rut for far too long, if you are looking for actionable steps to finally achieve your goals and live more fully, The Happiness Agreement is the place to be! But seriously. If you want to take the first step to create crystal clear purpose and start crushing your goals, sign up for the FREE guide below –
7.) What does your ideal day look like?
My ideal day looks like getting up around 6am, spending time in meditation and worship, opening my laptop while the coffee maker is brewing me up some deliciousness. I’d love to work for maybe five hours, then head out to the park or to a museum or somewhere cool for inspiration. Then maybe do some yoga or work out, cook some dinner, have a glass of wine, watch some tv, work juuuust a little bit more, and call it a night. Great day.
8.) Where is your favorite destination?
My favorite destination so far has been Spain’s southern region. The culture was so rich, it was hot, food was great and I loved the landscape.
9.) What are three things on your “bucket list”?
Three things on my bucket list – travel to Greece, see my blog projects through to completion, and write a book!
10.) Besides blogging, what is another hobby you have?
I dabble in photography from time to time.
11.) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I would absolutely travel, take pictures, and write. So, basically be a blogger.
Now to nominate 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- hiimamanda.com – Amanda is one of the bloggers who really inspired me to get started. I will always be appreciative of her words. She’s an amazing blogger with a story to tell!
- sheexperienced.com – I’ve been following Sherelle on IG for quite a while, and just love her style so much!
- hellosilhouette.com – Yet another blogger I’ve been following for quite some time. I’ve seen her pretty much from the very beginning, and she’s inspired me so much to keep going.
- giannasnellphotography.com/blog – I fell in love with her journalism piece about a couple who got married much later in age, and have been following her photography ever since!
- raewilliams.net – Her confidence is infectious, and she brings so much sunshine to my timeline.
- agirlfmtx.com – Fashion blogger who I also have been following for a while. I swear she has shades for every outfit! Love it.
- facebook.com/lifewithsuzie – I always love her fun pics of her and her littles, and there’s never a day she doesn’t slay.
- thechicword.com – Fashion and books? Okay, sign me up because these are both things I can never find time enough to do!
- healthydashofsass.com – Wellness and lifestyle blogger who is really getting deep on the topics of perseverance. Here for it.
- www.tiarajeanae.com – Tiara is on a mission to connect Christian women, and she’s doing a wonderful job of it with her #herstory column.
- stewardsofstrength – LOVE LOVE the newest addition to my IG timeline workout joy. Check her and all of her brilliance out.
If you would be so inclined, Sunshine Blogger Award nominees please answer the following questions!
- What’s the very first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- When you wake up, what is your drink of choice?
- What is your very next goal to complete for your blog?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What would you say your purpose in life is?
- Motivation on bad days – what’s yours?
- If you could live anyone’s life for one day, who would you be?
- If you could partner with or be sponsored by a brand, which would it be?
- What is the greater vision for your blog?
- What’s the best self-help book you’ve ever read?
- What is your favorite inspirational podcast, motivational speaker, or inspirational YouTube channel?